- Position your heel just in front of the toes of the opposite foot as you walk forward for eight to 12 steps. Heel and toes should actually touch each time you take a step.
- If necessary, steady yourself by putting one hand on a counter as you walk at first, and then work toward doing this without support.
- Repeat two to four times.
Single leg stance:
- Stand on one foot for up to 30 seconds.
- Put your foot down and repeat on the opposite side.
- Perform two to four times on each leg.
- If this is too hard, steady yourself by holding on to the back of a chair at first, then work toward doing this without support. For an added challenge, you can add ankle weights.